The “Hands On” Approach to Education
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age before applying for a license
- Must not have a conviction for:
- An act that would constitute a ground for disciplinary action
- A crime that has a direct bearing on individual’s ability to practice competently; or a crime that indicates the individual has the propensity to endanger the public.
- You must have a high school diploma or GED
- Have successfully completed an approved 90-hour Broker Pre-license course which consists of 26 classes and take 3 exams each having 100 questions. A total of 225 points from the 3 exams is required to pass the brokers course.
- Pass a written exam prepared and administered by Pearson Vue (State Exam)
- Apply for a license by submitting the application fee prescribed by Indiana Real Estate Commission (IREC) with an application
- Within one year after passing the commission exam, submit the license fee to IREC
30 Hour Post Licensing EducationOnce you have your broker’s license, you will have 2 years from the date your license is issued to complete 30 hours of Post Licensing Education. Depending on the time you start during the 3 year renewal period, you may or may not have to complete more continuing education requirements. You will need to chck with the Commission at 317-234-3009 regarding exact requirements.
Continuing EducationAll real estate brokers will have a three year renewal period from July 1 thru June 30 and must complete 12 hours of CE each year (current period is July 1, 2014 to June 30, 2017). The last year of the renewal brokers will pay a renewal fee online to renew their license.
All refund requests must be made in writing. A full refund will be made if requested prior to seven (7) days before the course start date. After that time and until the course start date, a $75.00 withdawl fee will be retained. After the course start date, no refunds will be allowed. Please allow ten (10) business days for refund processing. There will be a $35.00 charge for any returned check or card charge back.
If you do not pass the course, there will be a $250 retake fee in order to go through another live class. Must take the next course offered.